Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 May 2011

Reading Log #5

The book that I have chosen to make a reading log on is "Greek Mythology". I love this book because it has many stories and myths about the twelve gods of Olympus. While I was reading today I could picture the landscape and mount Olympus. I cannot relate or connect to any of the characters from this book because they were all myths. I am having difficulties understanding the book but what I don't understand I re-read. I cannot compare what I have done that is similar to the twelve gods of Olympus because the book is about mythology. There is a lot of imagery in this book. Visual imagery is widely use and i think it is very affective. It allows me to paint a perfect picture in my mind of what is happening in the book. The plot of my book is not realist. It is based on mythology and the tales ancient Greeks created. Some of them might have been based on a true stories but we are unsure of which ones. I would definitely like to have Zeus as a friend. He is the god of all gods and the strongest one. He would always protect me and have my back. The part that I read today fits in with another book I read called "The Lost Army". It is about ancient Greece as well and both books have many similarities. They are both about Greek warriors, myths, and the twelve gods of Olympus. I predict that there will be more myths and legends about the twelve gods and I cannot wait to read them. If I could jump into the story I would stop Pandora's from opening the box and releasing all the worlds evil. I would try and prevent her. I could visualize the twelve gods of Olympus sitting together in harmony in the mountain in the sky and the beautiful landscape. I could compare myself to Zeus because he has a brother as well just like me.

1 comment:

  1. Andy

    I also like reading about Greek and Roman Mythology.

    Who was the author of the book? Was there a really good description in the book that you thought was powerful? Why?

    Make comments more specific and not so general for next time.

    Good work !!!
    9/10
    Mr. Russell

    ReplyDelete